The game takes place in futuristic city of New Sparta. (Think Steampunk/SciFi tech meets Ancient Rome) New Sparta attracts hundreds each year as it is home to The Blacksun Coliseum and Demonarm Cavern. Here, brave souls train as Gladiators to fight Warriors in the Coliseum, and face demons or hellspawn in the Cavern. Come, prove your mettle, see if you have what it takes to be an ultimate gladiator!
1. This game has mature content, adult language, situations, sex and violence. DO NOT CREATE A CHARACTER IF IN REAL LIFE YOU ARE UNDER 18. By creating a character, you verify that you are in fact over age 18.
2. Your character becomes a gladiator or gladiatrix by choice. As of now, the sport is free-will, no slaves, no prisoners, no jail-or-gladiator deals. This is blood sport! (Think UFC). Characters choose to become gladiators in the same way boxers choose to box, wrestler's choose to wrestle, football players choose to play football, etc.
3. In New Sparta, this is a form of entertainment. If your character is not entertaining, they will not get sponsorship, meaning there will be no Coliseum entrance for them, except as a spectator.
4. There are training facilities. You can choose to play a Gladiator, a sponsor, trainer, gambler, but others can be allowed at mod's discretion.
5. You are welcome to create and battle Gladiator NPCs. Godmodding will be kept to a minimum. If left up to me, fights are going to be determined using dice rolls. If your character shows up and is too badass to be believed, you will be asked to change your post, or possibly be removed from the game.
6. Not all fights are to the death, most are not, but some can be. Weapons are generally modified to be non-lethal. Weapons are generally sci-fi based. Ie: A trident may virtually run you through, and you'll suffer a hell of an electric shock, but it won't kill you. You'd be surprised by what you can live through. Armor or lack there of is up to you.
7. The Cavern is kind of like a holo deck, it changes regularly. The levels are closed, only one person or team at a time, though it's big enough that several teams can enter different areas at the same time without ever running into each other. It's bigger on the inside. There are no cameras inside the Cavern.
8. The Coliseum is broadcast throughout the city on monitors.
9. Like a wrestler, your gladiator will do better if they have a persona
10. Be respectful, have fun! If your character is involved in an ongoing storyline and you are unable to post for a long time, Mods may temporarily take over your character to keep the story moving, or may find an in-game reason for them to be sidelined, such as a minor injury.
All the rage
Feb 4, 2017, 4:32am
A Luxury Bauble
Feb 1, 2017, 3:13pm
Jan 29, 2017, 4:55am
Choose Your Own
Jan 28, 2017, 8:15pm
Showing 4 out of 71 posts