Prompt: What's the worst that could happen at the family dinner table?
Deadline: 30th of November
Subject: Halloween (no prompt)
Deadline: 31st of October
Welcome to the Story Forge: Reforged!
The Story Forge serves a dual function. It is the home of a newly rebooted short story competition, based in part on the Quote of the Month competition run by Nim over on Ongoing Worlds Community, as well as the WritingPrompts subreddit. It is also the place to workshop any short stories you are writing. Looking for feedback? Stuck on a story beat? This is the place to be!
These are the rules for the story competition:
- The Judge sets a deadline for the current round to end, a minimum of 2 weeks, a maximum of 4
- The Judge sets a title for the round and a writing prompt, a single-line outline or starting point for a story the participants must use in their entry
- Any submitted story must fit in a single post! There is no minimum length, unless the Judge explicitly sets one.
- Any post submitted after the deadline ends will not be eligible to win the round!
- The Judge picks the winner, who will receive a shiny new Ongoing Worlds trophy!
- The winner becomes the Judge for the next round! If the winner is unable to fulfil this duty, they have the responsibility to find a new Judge in their stead.
Use the title of the current round in your post title to make it clear that your post is an entry in the competition!
If you have a post that is not a competition entry, please mark the post OOC to make it easier on the judges!
The current round prompt and title will always be at the top of the description and the summary.
Dec 9, 2019, 3:43pm
The Dinner Table: Halfway point!
Nov 19, 2019, 8:50am
Story Forge Writing Challenge: The Dinner Table
Nov 6, 2019, 3:38am
October's Story Forge Theme WINNER
Nov 1, 2019, 8:26am
Showing 4 out of 145 posts