Halloween story competition!
Please note this competition has finished. You can see the winning entry here.
After the success of the Flashback week competition in August, we decided it’s time to run another competition!
Halloween is just around the corner, and many roleplaying games take advantage of the event to run a spooky story in their play-by-ghost, er sorry, play-by-post games. Even if this isn’t tradition for your game, you might want to think about writing a short story using the characters in your roleplaying game.
To enter the competition all you have to do is write a story about the characters in your roleplaying game (we don’t mind if it doesn’t fit into the current storyline of your game) and submit it to us using the form below before the 31st of October. Like the Flashback stories, we’ll publish them online and give credit to the author and also to the game you’re in – which should hopefully help advertise your game to get new members.
The kind of story we’re looking for will be heart-thumpingly thrilling, spine-tinglingly scary, and maybe just a bit stomach-churningly gory. If you think you can step up to the challenge, get writing and send us your story!
Who will judge the competition?
We’ve chosen a panel of roleplaying professionals to judge these stories. Each is a veteran of a different roleplaying game, so there shouldn’t be any favouritism or bias. Just so there’s no lobbying going on, the identity of the judges will be kept secret!
There has to be some rules for the competition! Here they are:
- Your story should not be any longer than 5000 words.
- Your story must be a flashback for an existing character, not a brand new story.
- Your story must be written in English.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By submitting your story you agree to grant OngoingWorlds free of charge, the right to publish your story online and in all media as required (we will never sell your story, and your rights are reserved).
- Your entry must be entirely your own original work, not defame anybody nor breach any copyright.
- OngoingWorlds reserves the right to disqualify any entry which breaches any of these rules.