RPRepository’s guide to preventing & dealing with drama in roleplaying games
Drama happens. It happens whenever people care a lot, and in roleplaying we care a lot about the characters and worlds we write about. RPrepository have a great guide for dealing with drama, I won’t copy & paste it all here, but I encourage you to go read it on their page. The tips are broken up into these categories:
- Why address problems and drama head on?
- Bringing up problems is hard, but it’s important you do as quickly as possible
- How to talk to friends about problems
- What to do if you receive a message from a friend asking you to talk about a problem
- Not sure if you should bring it up?
- Patterns: What to do if drama follows you no matter where you go
- Preventing drama
- If it gets out of hand anyway
Hopefully these tips will be useful to you to prevent or deal with drama when it happens between members in your game.