Flashback week competition
This competition is now closed. See the announcement about the winners here.
Flashback week is a great opportunity to write some back-story for your character (more details here), but more than that it’s a chance to enter your stories into a competition! Simply write your flashback story and then send it to us, for a chance to win! But you should get cracking, flashback week has already started and you only have until the 21st August, which is when the competition closes!
Who will judge the competition?
We’ve chosen a panel of 6 roleplaying professionals to judge these stories. Each is a veteran of a different roleplaying game, so there shouldn’t be any favouritism or bias. Just so there’s no lobbying going on, the identity of the judges will be kept secret!
There has to be some rules for the competition! Here they are:
- Your story should not be any longer than 3000 words.
- Your story must be a flashback for an existing character, not a brand new story.
- Your story must be written in English.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By submitting your story you agree to grant OngoingWorlds free of charge, the right to publish your story online and in all media as required (we will never sell your story, and your rights are reserved).
- Your entry must be entirely your own original work, not defame anybody nor breach any copyright.
- OngoingWorlds reserves the right to disqualify any entry which breaches any of these rules.
When does the competition finish?
The closing date for the competition is the 21st of August, so make sure you get your entry to us as soon as possible. We’ll announce the results as soon as possible afterwards, but this depends on how long it takes for all judges to read the entries and count votes to decide a winner.
What’s the prize?
The prize is a special limited edition one-of-a-kind mug commissioned especially for Flashback week. You’ll be proud to show this to your friends to boast about your accomplishment!
Spread the word!
If you’re the first to hear about flashback week in your game, make sure you let other members know too, so that you can all work on flashbacks together. If you’re the GM of your own game, why not have your own competition for the best flashback amongst your members. We’d also appreciate it a lot of you mentioned flashback week on Twitter or Facebook, to spread the word to other roleplayers.
The winner for this competition has been announced. See who won here!