That’s right–it’s that time of year again. It’s officially time to accept entrants for the only sim and role play competition that dates back to the last millennium (more specifically, 1999). What, you haven’t heard of the Simulation Cup? It’s an annual event where sims and role play games have the opportunity to showcase their excellence and compete against each other in a friendly manner to win various prizes. Oh yeah, it’s usually called the Tournament of Simulations (ToS), which you might be more familiar with.
How to Enter
The sim’s host (or host’s representative) will submit the short entry form below along with a sample of their role play activity. Our judges will then rate that sample in five different categories:
- Originality (interesting and fresh story free of clichés and overused concepts)
- Creativity (multiple unexpected yet believable plot twists)
- Character Development (showing character growth that adds to rather than takes away from the story)
- Prolificness (a combination of pace and member participation)
- Readability (easy to read by a non-fan of the genre)
Once all sims have been evaluated, we’ll announce winners in both genres and categories. Sims that do not place will not be named. So if you’d like to enter your sim, please email Charles Star at star [dot] idf [at] gmail [dot] com with the following information:
- Sim/Game Name
- Host/Captain/GM Name
- Type of Sim (Play by Post or Chat)
- Genre (Star Trek/Star Wars/original concept/etc.)
- Club Affiliation (if any)
- Year Sim Founded (if known)
Please also include a transcript or a link to a single mission or episode that took place during 2014–this is what will be evaluated by the judges.
All submissions are due on December 25th, so get crackin’! The results will be announced on or about January 1st, 2015. Good luck!
And we need judges…
Clearly, to run this type of event, we need judges! If you would like to volunteer your time to help judge, please also email Charles Star at star [dot] idf [at] gmail [dot] com. Judging will NOT affect your sim’s chances of winning an award in the competition. Judges will only be assigned to evaluate sims that don’t directly compete against their own. So please do feel free to enter your sim AND judge! This is a great way to give back to role playing community with your time and talents. No prior experience necessary.
The 2014 Simulation Cup is sponsored by Ongoing Worlds.