Enter Your 2018 Squiddie Nominations Now!
The time is here! Time for YOU to nominate the best from our community to win a Squiddie (aka The Ongoing Worlds Medal for Superior Online Roleplaying). Each year we present Squiddies to three different entities: one person, one sim/game, and one club. Squiddies are bestowed for exemplifying one or more of the following characteristics, primarily during the previous calendar year:
- Excellence in role playing: Outstanding role play or leadership performance far above and beyond the typical person, game, or club
- Originality and innovation: Using a new technology or innovation or combining existing technologies together in a new way to elevate the role play adventure
- Facilitating the community experience: Enhancing interaction, cooperation, and/or collaboration among role players to improve or advance the community
Just 4 Rules:
- Nominations may be made by anyone
- Self-nominations are permitted
- There is no limit to the number of nominations one can make
- Prior winners are not eligible
Each nomination should include a write-up of why the person, sim, or club is deserving. The write-up should not exceed 250 words and should concentrate on one or more of the three characteristics highlighted above (focusing on actions and events of 2017). It is highly recommended that everyone read this first before submitting their nominations.
All nominations will be considered by the Ongoing Worlds Board of Advisors. The winners will be decided by consensus and will be announced shortly after the nomination process ends. Nominations will be accepted through July 15th.
All forms should be emailed to star (dot) idf (at) gmail (dot) com. If you do not receive a receipt confirmation email within 48 hours, please resubmit. Requested information:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Nominee name
- Nominee category (person, sim/game, or club)
- Nominee email or URL
- Primary reason for nomination (Excellence in role playing, Originality and innovation, or Facilitating the community experience)
- *Secondary reason for nomination (Excellence in role playing, Originality and innovation, Facilitating the community experience, or N/A)
- Write-up (≤ 250 words)
Good luck, everyone!
On a related note, Chris of Ongoing Worlds will be joining us as a guest judge for this year’s Squiddies.
On a semi-related note, Misty Diamond of Phoenix Roleplaying has joined David Ball, Kenny Gillis, Leon Archer, Mister Xanadu, Tiberius Creations, and myself, Charles Star, as a member of the Ongoing Worlds Board of Advisors. Welcome aboard, Misty!