It's been too long since we've had a good discussion topic on the OWCP, so I thought we could fill the lull in activity here with discussion about the important but rarely talked about topic of game rules. I personally am struggling to figure out where I should stand regarding what kinds of rules to include in games and which ones I should not include. I such I though we could start this discussion by answering a few questions.
1. What kind of rules would you like to see in a game?
2. What kind of rules would you not like to see in a game?
3. Can you have too many rules in a game? If so, what do you think is a reasonable quantity of rules?
4. What do you believe the primary purpose of rules is? What do you want to accomplish with the rules you establish?
5. How much does the rules you see posted in a game typically affect your decision to join a game or not?
Obviously, some rules largely depend on the type of game you are running, but I think a lot of game designers have a fairly common theme to their rules in the games they design. I'll post some of my thoughts about this later in the comments section, but first I'd like to see what you guys think about rules for games. Opening the floor...