Announcing the latest Simming Prize laureates
The Trustees of the Simming Prize are honored to announce our latest laureates:
* Charles Star of Independence Fleet – For his unprecedented contributions to the simming community. As a founder and long time leader within Independence Fleet, Charles has personally sponsored the launch of 21 sims and commanded 10 within the club. During his time as IDF CinC in the early 2000s and as Chief of Fleet Ops from 2010 – 12 he oversaw exceptional growth within the club. More recently, Charles has been a primary a leader within the larger simming community, serving as the administrator/coordinator for SciWorld, FallFest, the Tournament of Simulations, and the Squiddie and OWCH awards. He is a member of the OngoingWorlds Board of Advisers, and has been the instigator of community wide April Fools jokes. Charles is also a storehouse of simming knowledge, and has been a primary contributor to the Roleplay Wiki and the OngoingWorlds Blog.
* Kristen Romanelli of SPCsimms and Kepler Station – For her exemplary work as a storyteller and community builder. Kristen is the driving force within SPCsimms. With skill and good humor, she serves as a mentor to new members and is an invaluable aid to hosts and club leaders. As a game master and player, her imagination underpins multiple sims. Kristen is relied upon to smooth difficult situations, polish posts, and inspire those around her to push their writing to the next level. Most recently, Kristen was instrumental in rebuilding the Kepler Station sim after the untimely death of its longtime host. Kristen’s service and dedication stands as a model example of the ideal community builder and simmer.
* STF – For its history, longevity, and current community. Founded on the Prodigy online service in 1991, STF is the oldest Star Trek sim club in existence. It has been able to persevere through a quarter century of technological change and simming political upheaval. To this day, STF remains a vibrant club with a dedicated core of members who forge new adventures while preserving the club’s traditions and unique simming style.
* Teresa Snow of Stargate Ancient Legacy – For her dedication to the Stargate simming community. Teresa offered her time and skill to help fellow leaders build their websites, and she ran the stargaterpgs.com portal as a community resource to advertise available Stargate games. As a game master, she was the guiding force within the Stargate Ancient Legacy sim club, steering the group’s story arc, playing numerous PCs and NPCs, and making sure each team advanced the story in an inclusive fashion.
* USS Vindicator, UCIP – For its excellent storytelling and remarkable history. Over two decades of existence, the Vindicator has sailed the Star Trek universe. It’s latest captain and crew spin adventures full of villains, fantastical species, and new technologies. The depth and quality of its writing today stands as one the finest examples in the Star Trek simming community.
Congrats to our newest laureates!