Throw Your Name in the Hat to Host FallFest 2020
That’s right–it’s almost time for FallFest 2020 aka Simming Fall Festival X. If you’re interested in hosting & chairing the role playing world’s premier one-day community event, submit an application by August 28th. FallFest has been held every year since our first festival back in 2011.
For those who may be new to Ongoing Worlds, FallFest is a one-day online convention held annually in Discord chat rooms for anything and everything simming and online role playing. We remember our past and look to our future. It generally runs for a few hours and includes provacative discussions, trivia games, and live role plays. Originally intended to be a mini-SciWorld more friendly to European time zones, FallFest has since grown into much more!
We need a host & chair to make it all happen
The host is a club or fleet that partners with Ongoing Worlds to make FallFest a reality and success. The chair is an individual from the host club who serves as the point person to coordinate the schedule, advertising, and logistics. More specifically, the host and chair will work with the Ongoing Worlds staff to:
- Select a date and time for festival (a Saturday sometime within September to December)
- Design a unique 2020 festival logo. Last year’s logo is above.
- Recruit approximately 8-12 volunteers to run individual one-hour events.
- Work with those volunteers to create unique and engaging events (discussions, sims, and trivia games) that represent and support the interests of the broader community.
- Create or provide the Discord chat rooms.
- Promote and advertise the festival.
- Host opening and closing ceremonies on the day of the festival.
- Attend all FallFest events (usually two at the same time) to ensure that they run smoothly.
- Be ready to improvise when things don’t go as planned.
- Post-festival, provide a list of lessons learned for next year’s team.
The host should be a strong, robust club willing to provide the chair with all of the required volunteers and resources. Members of the host club/sim must be ready to attend the festival to help make it a success. In short, the host must fully back the chair.
The chair must be highly organized, self-motivated, and possess superior attention to detail. More importantly, he or she should be patient with others and willing to compromise when necessary. It takes a special person and to run FallFest–it’s a HUGE job!
Applications will be judged by the Ongoing Worlds Board of Advisors based on the above criteria. Applicants should highlight their past experiences and capabilities and show how those traits make them the ideal team to plan & lead FallFest X. The host & chair may be selected before the application window closes. Unsuccessful applicants will not be revealed to the public. I will notify all applicants of the selection before the official announcement. Additional information may be requested from applicants before a decision is reached.
The application window will close on August 28th at 11:59pm EDT. All applications should be emailed to star (dot) idf (at) gmail (dot) com. If you do not receive a receipt confirmation email within 24 hours, please resubmit. Requested information:
- Host name (club)
- Host URL
- Year Host was founded
- Chair (person)
- Chair’s e-mail address
- Year Chair began simming
- Why should this host & chair be selected? (≤ 250 words)
FallFest is a special time for everyone, but especially for the host & chair. For a few short hours, the entire simming and online role playing community will circle around you–It is the biggest event in simming. Those memories will last a lifetime.
Best of luck to all applicants! And for everyone else, see you at FallFest X!