About a week and a half ago, we announced the 2014 Simulation Cup (historically known as the Tournament of Simulations). Thus far we’ve received nominations for 18 outstanding games. And what a group it is! Everyone who entered a sim into the competition should have already received a confirmation email. If you have NOT received your confirmation email, please forward your entry form to me at star [dot] idf [at] gmail [dot] com. Just want to make sure we don’t miss anyone.
I also want to let everyone know that we’ve extended the deadline to submit your game(s) to 24 hours after the publishing of this post. So there’s still time if you missed the last window…
How to Enter
The sim’s host (or host’s representative) should submit the short entry form below:
- Sim/Game Name
- Host/Captain/GM Name
- Type of Sim (Play by Post or Chat)
- Genre (Star Trek/Star Wars/original concept/etc.)
- Club Affiliation (if any)
- Year Sim Founded (if known)
- Link to or transcript of mission/episode from 2014
Entry forms should be emailed to Charles Star at star [dot] idf [at] gmail [dot] com. The judges will then rate that mission or episode in five different categories:
- Originality (interesting and fresh story free of clichés and overused concepts)
- Creativity (multiple unexpected yet believable plot twists)
- Character Development (showing character growth that adds to rather than takes away from the story)
- Prolificness (a combination of pace and member participation)
- Readability (easy to read by a non-fan of the genre)
Once all sims have been evaluated, we’ll announce winners in both genres and categories. Sims that do not place will not be named. So there’s no reason not to enter–you have nothing to lose!
Thanks to our volunteer judges!
Thus far we’ve had five outstanding individuals from the community volunteer to judge this competition. Thank you to each of you! If you volunteered your services but didn’t hear back from me, please email me again at star [dot] idf [at] gmail [dot] com. And we can always use a few more judges! As announced earlier, feel free to enter your sim AND judge. Judges will not be assigned to their own sims (obviously) or sims that compete directly against theirs: Judging will not affect your sim’s chances of winning at all. This is a great way to help give back to the greater role playing world.
Good luck to everyone!