It’s… ToS Time!
I recently posted about my own 20-year simming anniversary. Or is that birthday? Here’s another: It’s been 20 years of ToS (aka Tournament of Simulations). That’s right, the original ToS was held for the year 1999. ISO Troi ran it, and the Simming League sponsored it. While it’s been 20 years since that first ToS, this is actualy the 15th competition as not all years had a tournament. Another interesting bit of trivia: According to the surviving records, 167 total awards have been bestowed.
Okay, enough reminiscing. How about get on with the nominations?
First, read this article: How Does the Tournament of Simulations (ToS) Work?
Third, submit your nomination(s) to me at star [dot] idf [at] gmail [dot] com with the subject ToS: Nominee Name and include the following by March 15, 2020:
- Your Name
- Your Email
- Nominee Name
- Nominee Genre (e.g., Star Trek, Star Wars, X-Men, original horror, etc.)
- Nominee Category: Play-by-Post (message board, email, Nova, etc.) or Chat;
- URL for first post to read (Play-by-Post; the judges will read this and the next 9 posts) or chat log (Chat):
- Backstory (≤ 250 words, optional)
- Poststory (≤ 250 words, optional)
- Yes/No – I am interested in also serving as a judge (this will not affect my nominee)
- Anyone may enter any game that they are a part of:
- Players: role plays they participate in
- Hosts: role plays they lead
- Club leaders: role plays in their clubs
- Plus anyone else
- There is no limit to the number of nominations one may make
- Games that do not place will not be announced–so there’s nothing to lose from entering!
- But don’t throw a temper tantrum if you don’t win (not everyone can win!)
- All posts and chat logs must have been originally posted in 2019
- Posts and chat logs must be open for public viewing and not password protected
We need Judges!
Please also contact me at star [dot] idf [at] gmail [dot] com if you’re interested in serving as a judge.