It is that time of year again… to select a host for FallFest or the Simming Fall Festival that is! If you’re interested in hosting & chairing one of the role playing world’s most coveted community events please submit an application by September 4th. FallFest has been held every year since the first festival back in 2011 started by OngoingWorlds.
For those who may be new to these events, FallFest is a one-day online convention held annually in Discord chat rooms for anything and everything simming and online role playing. We remember our past and look towards the future. It generally runs for a few hours and includes provacative discussions, trivia games, and live role plays as well as the recent addition of voice based presentations for all to enjoy. Originally intended to be a mini-SciWorld more friendly to European time zones, FallFest has since grown into much more!
We need a host & chair to make it all happen!
The host is a club, fleet or individual sim that partners with SimmingHub to make FallFest happen. The chair is an individual from the host organization who serves as the point person to coordinate the scheduling, advertising for, and logistics of FallFest. More specifically, the host and chair will work with the SimmingHub Organizing Committee to:
• Select a date and time for festival (a Saturday sometime within October to December)
• Design a unique festival logo.
• Recruit approximately 8-12 volunteers to run individual one-hour or half hour long events depending on the preference of the host and presenters.
• Work with those volunteers to create unique and engaging events (discussions, sims, and trivia games) that represent and support the interests of the broader community.
• Assist SimmingHub Moderators in maintaining and organizing the Discord Chat Rooms.
• Promote and advertise the festival.
• Host opening and closing ceremonies on the day of the festival.
• Attend all FallFest events (usually two at the same time) to ensure that they run smoothly. The host can also appoint people to help them with this if they have life obligations that cause them to have to set away.
• Be ready to improvise when things don’t go as planned.
• Post-festival, provide a list of lessons learned and feedback from the community for SimmingHub to improve on later festivals.
Play-by-post GamesOngoingWorlds is a website where you can work together to create interesting stories, and roleplay as any interesting characters. Either join a game or create your own.
Subscribe via Email
Like this? Become a Patreon!